Central Self Drive are all set for serving Warrington and the UK during the summer months ahead, as an array of different vehicles were delivered to us during June!
First to arrive was the versatile new Ford 17 seater minibus.
This exceptionally roomy and versatile vehicle incorporates many of the features and technologies you’d expect to find in a well-equipped car. And this certainly makes the Minibus an attractive proposition if you transport people for a living, business travellers or holidaymakers, adults on a day out or kids on a school trip because you’ll easily exceed the expectations of even the most demanding customers.
The Ford SYNC lets you control your music and mobile phone calls, using simple, direct voice commands. You can play songs from a USB or MP3/iPod too, or when you’re streaming music from a Bluetooth-compatible phone.
With Adaptive Cruise Control technology, you choose the speed you want to drive at and the system will maintain it. If the built-in RADAR sensor detects a vehicle ahead, it will slow the Minibus to maintain a pre-set distance. Once the road in front is clear, the system will accelerate to your chosen speed.
• Headlights which can be set to turn on automatically
• Electrically-operated driver’s seat
• Air conditioning for rear passengers
• Opening rear side windows
• Handy power socket
• An extra-wide side load door
This bus is the future of group travel.
We then took delivery of the highly practical Honda CR-V, one of the original compact SUVs to hit the market.
The Volvo XC60 is a very welcomed addition to our Warrington fleet, with its maximum responsiveness on any road (we have to say it manages the potholes of Warrington extremely well).
All roads, all weather, the XC60 is ready. With features like all-wheel drive, hill-descent control and hill-start assist, to give you that extra push when you need it. Your XC60 can even sense swerving cyclists and pedestrians and prepares your brakes for a sudden stop. If there’s certainly no time to wait, your Volvo can brake for you to avoid impact, extending your car’s safety to the people around you.
The Euro6 Five-cylinder turbo charged Diesel engine can give you:
• 140 kW of engine power
• 190 hp
• 4000 rpm
• Fuel Tank Capacity 70 l
• Cargo Capacity 495 l
• 1025 mm Head Room
• 1047 mm Leg room
Navigate with style and ease, turn your Volvo in to a mobile entertainment centre or use the parking assistance. With the Tech & Sound accessories you can get the full experience of sound and vision, safety and fun in the XC60.
The Volvo S60 R Design arrived at Central Self Drive- with great handling, natural driving dynamics, and legendary Volvo comfort- in a thrillingly elegant form.
• 0–60mph in 9.6 secs
• Top speed 127 mph
• Average mpg 65.7
• Tank range 972 miles
The S60 balances the needs of driver appeal and on-board comfort pretty well and it handles crisply and has plenty of grip. The R Design features a lowered and stiffened suspension. The steering reacts very quickly, which is good on a twisty road.
And last but not least in our cars, our new Ford Mondeo’s arrived in Warrinton this week! They are a very welcomed addition to the Central Self Drive fleet boasting many modern features.
Featuring a long list of innovations including :
• intelligent headlamps that turn as you turn the steering wheel
• ultra-efficient LED headlights which also incorporate eight different lighting modes.
• Auto headlights
• Unique Rear Inflatable Seatbelt
• Air Conditioning
• Climate Control
• Aux Port
• Sat nav
• Auto handbrake
• Stop/Start Technology
• Eco Assist
• Ford emergency assist (via audio system)
- Citroen Dispatch – with AC and Bluetooth.
- Citroen Connect – with AC and Bluetooth
- Citroen Bipper
This was the first van to be awarded a maximum 5-star safety rating by Euro NCAP. To cap its achievements, the Ford Transit Custom is the Auto Express Van of the Year, the first winner of the award. Auto Express praised its safety credentials, including Ford’s SYNC with emergency assistance, which helps occupants phone the emergency services in one of 26 languages. Features include:
- Eco assist
- Electric Windows & mirrors
Our latest van’s to arrive are the VW Crafter Luton’s
You certainly get plenty starage space in this vehicle cab with, five drinks holders, glove compartment, overhead storage (maximum load 5kg), storage compartment in right step and in doors (open and closed), storage tray in centre console and on dashboard and a document holder on centre console. They also have dual passenger seat with storage box and folding tray in backrest.
- Electric Windows
- Electric & heated mirrors
- Eco Drive 6
- Speed tail lift
- Cruise control
- Manual heating with charcoal filter and air recirculation
- Multi-function steering wheel with multi-function display
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Automatic hazard lights activation under emergency braking
- Halogen main headlights with range control and daytime running function
- Electronic Brake Assist (EBA)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Differential Lock (EDL)
- Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP) – load adjusting
- Hydraulic brake system with ventilated front and solid rear disc brakes
June really has seen Central Self Drive’s fleet grow dramatically AND