This policy was last updated on 07 May 2018.
What Information We Collect
Information Collected About You
You may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our websites and at our locations. We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Your name, contact information, date of birth, driving licence number and expiration date and emergency contact information;
- Vehicle rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is rented, date of rental, type of rental and your preferences;
- Your credit card details, Enterprise, Alamo or National rewards information, online user account details, membership/corporate ID numbers, passport information and frequent flyer or travel partner affiliations;
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys or promotional offers;
- Photographs you submit of you and your driving licence or your receipts through camera features available on some of our mobile applications and websites;
- Information about relevant health conditions you have that assist us in providing you with adaptive driving devices; and
- Financial information that is necessary to facilitate the purchase or lease of a vehicle from a Car Sales or Fleet Management location
Third parties provide us with additional information about you, including:
- Referral Sources, such as third party online booking sites (who provide us general contact information and a booking confirmation number to facilitate the rental), your employer (general contact information) and your insurance provider (general contact and policy information).
- Where applicable, our Refer-A-Friend programmes.
- Hotel, airline and membership clubs, who provide us your general contact information and booking information.
- Credit reporting agencies, who, for fraud prevention purposes, provide us with identity-related information.
- Franchisees, who provide us information regarding your rental transactions.
- Service Providers, such as customer support (customer service-related information and enquiries made by you), customer survey providers (your response to our customer service surveys) and marketing providers (information to assist us to better communicate our products and services).
With your consent, we will access location-based information or collect location markers from your mobile device or based on your IP address. We will use this information to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers or other information that we think will be helpful in providing you with better services. We do not use this information to specifically locate you for any reason other than to provide you the service. With your consent, our application will utilise your device’s camera. If you have allowed us to utilise your location information or your device’s camera in the past and wish to revoke the permissions, please change the settings on your device.
Vehicle Operation and Location Data
Our vehicles may be equipped with a vehicle telematics system (“Telematics System”). Some or all Telematics System functionality will be active during rental periods. Telematics Systems provide us with use of, disclosure of or access to (1) location information, (2) crash notification and related crash data, (3) operational condition, mileage, diagnostic and performance reporting of vehicles and (4) driver behavioural information (“Telematics Data”), as permitted by law.
We are not responsible for any data that is left in the vehicle as a result of your use. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information and you must wipe it before you return the vehicle to us.
In the European Union, our vehicles may be required to be equipped with eCall technology, which is activated if your vehicle is involved in an accident. eCall will automatically call and provide information regarding the accident to emergency services. We will also use, disclose and have access to this information.
Telematics Data will be shared with emergency service providers, others who assist in responding to an accident, telematics service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data.
Our websites and online marketing are not directed to, and Enterprise Holdings does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 18 or your country’s age of minority. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please contact us using the link at the top of this page.
How We Use Information About You
We use the information we collect from you or about you to provide you with our services and for the following purposes:
Where it is necessary for us to enter into a contract with you and provide services to you for the duration of the contract, including
- To assist the transactions that you request, such as reserving and renting motor vehicles.
- To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your enquiry.
- To enrol you in our loyalty programmes and send non-promotional information relating to your ongoing membership of these programmes.
Where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, including
- To share information about your vehicle’s location with emergency services in the event that you are involved in a road accident.
- To share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation or request.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, as listed below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights, including
- To communicate important information about your rental, such as arrival and return alerts. These communications, which are transactional in nature, will be sent to you via email or SMS.
- To assist us in providing better products and services: for example, to evaluate the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of products and services received and to help us improve our websites, facilities and services.
- To compile statistics and analysis about our customers’ use of our websites, products and services. These statistics are used only to enable us to provide better customer service, products, features and functionality to you and other customers in the future.
- To develop a profile of you and your interactions with us so that we can provide tailored offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and property. For example, we will use CCTV to ensure the security of our premises and we maintain Do Not Rent lists of customers that are non-payment or safety risks.
- To share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (e.g. fixed penalty notices for driving offences) and for claims processing purposes.
- To share your information with third parties in order to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain and to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or our websites’ terms and conditions. We will also disclose your information to third parties if the rights of another individual may be violated.
Where you have given consent, including
- To assist us in providing you with the most appropriate vehicles, such as those with adaptive driving devices. In some cases, this will require us to infer or explicitly collect information about your health or physical condition.
- To enable us to use telematics (e.g. for the purposes of tracking mileage and location in the event of theft and to alert us if the telematics systems has been removed or tampered with).
- To send you certain promotional or targeted marketing communications, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you. These will include invitations to join our loyalty programmes, upgrade announcements, electronic newsletters and communications regarding an incomplete online membership form or reservation. Some of these offers will be received in advertising on non-Rovewide ltd/ T/a Central Self Drive sites, including on social media.
- To send you text messages in order to provide you with time sensitive communications related to your transaction (e.g., construction delay at airport branch), extended rental opportunities, customer experience surveys, marketing promotions such as coupons, discounts, last-minute specials or loyalty and rewards information.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as we need to fulfil our business purposes, as set out below:
- Marketing purposes: We keep data linked to cookies and other online identifiers for up to three years. We keep other marketing information, such as email subscription and loyalty enrolment data for up to 7 years after your last interaction with us.
- Rental transactions: We keep the data associated with your rental agreement for up to 7 years from the date of the rental, subject to other local legal requirements. We keep records of payments you have made for 2 years from the date of the transaction (depending on the location of the rental).
- Customer service related queries: We keep general queries for 6 years.
- Disputes & law enforcement: If we are involved in litigation or a governmental or regulatory investigation, then we keep data throughout the period of litigation or investigation and for 6 years after that. If a settlement means that we have to keep data for longer, then we keep data for the period required to administer the settlement. If we provide data to law enforcement agencies, then we keep a record of this for one year beyond the end of the investigation.
Who We Share Information With
Our Service Providers
We will share your information with third parties, such as (1) payment, administrative and technical support providers which help facilitate your transactions and rewards programmes with Rovewide ltd t/a Central Self Drive members, (2) companies who conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys on our behalf, (3) communication providers which send email and other marketing and service-related communications to you on our behalf, (4) customer support providers, such as the provider of our live chat feature, in order to provide you customer service, (5) debt collection providers, (6) claims processors and (7) our advertising and marketing partners and third-party media properties, including social media sites, with whom we share aggregated or de-identified information about our customers, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf, to analyse, enhance and manage our data, conduct mobile analytics services and to maintain and improve our services (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate).
Your personal information may also be shared with government authorities as outlined above.
Sale, Merger or Change in Control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganisation or assignment of all or part of Enterprise Holdings’ businesses or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
We may post customer testimonials on our websites which may contain personal information. We use a third-party provider to manage this process. This provider is responsible for obtaining your consent as necessary, removing content upon your request and answering any questions you may have.
Other rights you have may include: 1) asking for a copy of your personal information, 2) to correct it, 3) to erase certain categories or types of information, 4) to restrict certain processing, 5) to obtain the information you provide in a structured, machine readable format and 6) to transfer some of this information to other organisations.
You have the right to object to the processing of personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests. Where we have asked for your consent to process information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal information and/or how we have responded to or handled any concern you have raised with us
We reserve the right not to allow access to your information or to limit your rights (e.g. if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated). In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to object to direct marketing as well as profiling we perform for the purposes of direct marketing. You will be able to opt out of direct marketing communications from Rovewide ltd t/a Central Self Drive by following the instructions in each communication you receive. You may also contact us directly using the link at the top of this page.
You can opt out of display ads you see on non-Enterprise sites by clicking on ad choices icon in the ad or through the privacy settings on the site.
Changes To These Policies
The DPA & GDPR May 2018
We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into affect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
Contact & Communication With us
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
Email Mailing List & Marketing Messages
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages (or unsubscribe from all Mailchimp lists). The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; Cottages on the River or www.celticinst.com.)
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
Resources & Further Information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- HR Form Templates
May 2018 Edited & customised by: David lewis of Rovewide ltd t/a central self drive
DATA CONTROLLER CONTACT INFORMATION
|If you are making a rental or visiting a website or mobile site in the following countries, the Data Controller will be listed as below.|